Who doesn’t love avocados right? They’re known to be one of the healthiest fruits around. They’re packed with high amounts of protein, have more potassium than a banana, and have a whole bunch of other health benefits that I could list on here, but I don’t really want to. Knowing this, making a simple breakfast/brunch dish with them is a good way to start our day healthy and strong!
Also, there’s a neat little trick you can do to determine if an avocado is ripe or not. All you have to do is pop off the stem and check out the color inside it. If it’s a nice yellowish green color, you’re good to go. If it’s brown, you’ll have to wait a bit longer for it to ripen otherwise you’ll be opening up a brownish mess inside.
Having a lot of green for our food means that it would be a perfect choice to make Keroppi out of. Keroppi is a really old Sanrio character based on a frog with huge eyes a v-shaped mouth. He’s a perfect choice since we can use cheese for his eyes and pastrami for his little blush, making this toast next level material. Plus all the flavors go well together!
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 slices of bread
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice ham
- 1 sheet of roasted seaweed
- Toast the slices of bread
- In a bowl, cut the avocados add lemon juice from your lemon, and a pinch of salt. Mix together until there is a chunky paste
- Cut out 2 large circles from the mozzarella and 2 small circles from the ham. Cut out 2 small circles and a "v" shape from the roasted seaweed
- Spread the avocado paste on the toasted bread. Combine the cheese, pastrami, and seaweed to make the face
Did you know kero is the equivalent of ribbit in Japanese?